Sunday, January 29, 2006

Night Away

Last Thursday or was it Wednesday? Anyway, Shannon and I dropped the kids off with my parents and sped away laughing maniacally that they fell for the whole babysitting thing. No, no, they're darlings I'm sure. Anyway, we got the hell outta Dodge and were able to have some time alone sans kidlets.

We went and saw a movie, Chronicles of Narnia, and it wasn't bad. Pretty true to the book and just well done. Loved the sound track and quite enjoyed the way they shot several scenes. Don't know if it will be one to own but was certainly worth seeing.

After that we went out to dinner. And it wasn't fast food either! Not that Chilli's is 5 star dining but hey, it was out to dinner. We enjoyed ourselves and the food was pretty good. I got the steak and portobella fajitas and they were damn tasty. Really enjoyed the chimichurri they marinated it in and had as a dipping sauce. I'm soooo making my own very soon.

Was a very enjoyable evening and just made me want to get out with the wife some more. Suppose we'll have to invest some time and money in finding a babysitter. It'll be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home