Friday, January 06, 2006

Time Keeps On Slipping

You ever lose track of time? I'm not talking you're watching TV and oh damn I was supposed to start dinner 30 minutes ago, kinda losing track. No, I mean like losing all sense of time, lost inside your head and thoughts, losing track. Where you suddenly surface to reality and have no idea if it was just seconds or minutes or lots of minutes.

I do this in the shower constantly in the mornings while getting ready for work. It is the combination of still being groggy from waking up I think combined with being alone and no distractions or interruptions. Perhaps you need to have kids to understand this. Anyway, I get to thinking one thing which leads to another, and then it just cascades, a chain reaction of thought until I "come to" and wonder just how long was I out of it. Was it just a bit? Am I late?

It happens far to frequent for me, and I wonder if it is at all related to my ADD. Whatever it is, it is just bizarre sometimes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. It happens to me a lot, too. The shower is a common place, but also, in the morning when I used to get on the computer just before work to look at email and weather. Seems like time would just fly away... I finally had to quit doing that.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My time gets lots in the mornings too at the computer. Weird.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home