Friday, July 28, 2006

So..yeah

It has been hot as fuck here lately. It has been triple digits for weeks straight, and I think yesterday was the first time it was under 110 in a week. You know it has been hot when the high is going to be 102 and you are all, whew, a cold streak.

We have been fortunate with no blackouts. Other areas of the city have been hit, including my parents, but not us. Really surprising as we almost always get tagged. Maybe we are getting some good payback now.

We were driving last week to pick up the girls from daycare when we hit a stretch of road with the stop lights out, so it was slow going. It took about 25 minutes to go a half mile. People are idiots around here and do not know how to deal with intersections and no lights. But the most awesomely stupid thing I saw was two dumb ass chicks standing on the corner, repeatedly pressing the crosswalk button, waiting for a green walk signal. They cannot see that the lights are out and that traffic is not moving steadily but each side is taking turns (sort of). I wonder how long they stood there waiting, baking what few feeble brain cells they had left.

In other news, I had my MRI done and let me tell you, Xanax kicks ass!! I was in the machine from an hour and a half but it felt like 20-25 mins. Right on. However, on the downside, the results were, well, hardly surprising. My right knee and both shoulders are becoming ravaged with the arthritis. Yay me.

So what is going to happen is we are going to clean out my knee arthroscopicly and see if that does anything to slow down the pain and swelling. If it works, great, if not, not out anything really, and then I get to move on to total knee replacement.

He tried stabbing me in the shoulder with a needle full of steroids to see if that would help or if I will need surgery on them as well. I asked if it was going to hurt and he said not much. After I yelped and winced, I told him he lied. He laughed and said yeah. This is why I love this Dr. So it helped for a day or two but the pain is back so surgery will probably happen there as well. Dunno if they will get scoped or total replacements there as well. I'm going to change my nick to Cyborg before long.

So there it all is, such as it were.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. and Ow. and Oh man.
It's tough to be friends with someone and not be able to make things better. It really does hurt me to not be able to help you after all you did for me and Scott. So I guess I will just send lots of love and prayers and good, pain-free thoughts your way.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home