Monday, July 17, 2006

Must Kill Sara Connor

Wow, what a deep, introspective post that last one was. Then again, I was not low on some serious dosage vicodin. I used to think I got the good stuff but I was wrong. A half tab of what I have now is just about as strong as a whole one of my last.

This of course leads me to where I am going in today's post. I saw my orthopedic surgeon the week before last, because dammit, everything is hurting, right? So after enough Xrays to make me glow, or at least be infertile, the synopsis is like this.

Hips are still in great shape. They better be, since they aren't mine. Both knees shot, both shoulders shot. Booooo Arthritis, hooray Beer!!! He wants more detail though before he decides what to do. Soooooo. I get to have an MRI this Thursday, or as I like to call it, let's see if Murphy is claustrophobic. 2hours plus in that bad boy. But they are hooking a brother up with some Xanax first I guess to mellow my ass out. Never had that, so here's hoping.

Afterwards he decides what to do. 1, is do nothing, I keep on the way I have been. 2, is he goes in a cleans out the joint. And my fave (not) 3, as far as my right knee goes, total knee replacement. Yay!

Before it is all over and done, I'ma be a fucking cyborg.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am hoping you don't get door number 3, but door number 2 doesn't sound much better. *shudder* I just want them to make you WELL!!!!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno... maybe it's a lot more work/pain/money, but seems like #3 would be better in the long-run, but I dunno... Your hips are better, though... :-) With #2, I would guess that would be a temporary fix.... ??

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for the replacement dude ! Become a whole new you ! It's not like you can get a new hair-do or such :) Besides, it paid off for the hips -and you're such a good little patient (or at least you were...) !

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home