Wednesday, July 12, 2006

RockStar

There are some pretty talented singers in there I think. There are also some that need to get dumped out pretty quick. But the thing that seems to be bugging me the most is the band, SuperNova, that they are trying to get into. They just seem to offer up meaningless comments, and quite often, contradicting ones.

My main two bitches about this are thusly. First off, Gilby bitching to Zayra about her performance, and doesn't she have a clue about what they are looking for? Has she heard any of their music?

First off, no, none of them have a fucking clue what you guys are looking for. You aren't even a band yet, so don't even have a sound yet. Talk about coming in at a disadvantage. Then you expect them to figure out what you are going to sound like by knowing what your previous bands sound like? While in the same genre, they had 3 different styles/sounds. So no telling. All you guys said at into was it was going to...rock and roll!! Woooo.

My next major beef is all the grunting over bring the rock last week, where is the rock. And Matt who had a far superior voice than those other two gets the axe because he didn't bring it. And then this week, they are falling all over themselves to get up on Dilana for a fucking acoustic rendition!!! I'm not arguing whether it was good or not, it was I thought, but c'mon, be fucking consistent.

That off my chest, my bottom three are Jill, Phil and Chris. Chris has no range whatsoever and has no business being there. Phil has the stage presence of a head of cabbage, and Jill just tanked. Still liking Toby and Patrice overall so far, and enjoyed several more performances this week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, I was falling all over myself laughing when Zayra was getting grilled. I really didn't like her. I thought Chris did better. I don't like Jill, and Phil has the stage presence of BOILED cabbage... just embarrassing. I still like Dilana. I like hearing your opinions on this show too!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know where the hell I was, but I only discovered this show was already on last night! ::rolls eyes:: I taped most of it, missed the first part, and taped tonight. I'm going to have to get to know all of them. The one thing that I did notice the short time I watched it is that Tommy Lee had nothing intelligent to say... "Oh, I was just wondering if you were wearing panties under that"... oh brother. But that was just a short bit I saw. I hope I can get caught up. I loved the INXS Rock Star. I was hoping this one would be good, too.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home