Wednesday, October 04, 2006

So Then My Testicle Fell Off

I haven't written lately because not much has happened, aside from me falling apart. But I hesitated from writing about it because, really, who wants to read about that kinda shit? And yet, here I am doing it anyway.

A few weeks ago at my infusion, I had a reaction to it. After 5 years of taking the Remicaid, I had a reaction, and boy was it a doozy. Breathing got harder and harder as it felt like a band across my chest constricting. Then the heart rate accelerated some and it felt like it was just pounding in my chest. My ears burst into flames, or at least felt like it, while the nurse told me I was literally, beet red. So I got shot up with something I didn't hear and also 50mg of Benedryl straight in the blood stream. Now, taking a 10mg tablet orally, makes me all dizzy so you can imagine how I felt. I was fuzzy for 36 hours. I shit you not. I'm recovered and am fine now, obviously, but may not get to take the Remicaid anymore. So my arthritis may come back stronger. Suckity.

Then I break my toe Sunday by some how walking to close to the couch and slamming it in the corner. It is the lovliest shade of purple right now. And the coup de grace, would be what I am assuming is an infection in my mouth, under the gums, because my left cheek looks like I am starting to store nuts for winter. And needless to say it is a wee bit painful.

Sigh. Yay me.

I turn 39 Friday after next. Someone just put me down.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, dude! You really know how to live it up! I'm glad you're all right now. If you can't do Remicaid anymore, what will you be able to do? Any other viable choices? Sorry about the toe. My hubby and I winced when we read that! OW!!

Guess I need to do an update on my blog, too... been slackin' on that...

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home